CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1


Day 1
Could this really be happening? Only just a day ago I was in the fields picking bananas. Now I’m trapped in a “fortress” with no way out. I’m cold, scared, and I just down right feel horrible. When will it stop so I can think just to get my head straight? My thoughts, whenever I can think without getting yelled at, always seem to drift back to my home and my family. How are they doing? Are they hungry? Are they making money? What will they do without me? I wish I was home. I wish I was sitting at the table waiting for mama to put supper on the table after the long day. I wish I could just forget about this place and escape with my friends. I wish, but I guess this is home for right now. It’s not quiet as cozy and as welcoming as the home but at least it’s somewhere. I can’t believe the revolutionist think they can do this. Take kids of age 10 and above to fight in a war. That was one of the first things I noticed when we got here they’re lots of kids my age and just a bit older. At least Lolo and Ignacio are with me, without them I don’t know what I would do. I guess there are others too, but they aren’t trust worthy yet. And Juan is just mean and pigheaded. I’ll show him some day. Sergeant Diez and Whistler may be a problem too. And last of all theirs the head man himself Captain Mendoza. The captain may be harsh but the worst thing about this place is it always has the risk of being shot at or raided. I mean just tonight there was a raid where five men died, a raid, on my FIRST NIGHT. This isn’t war its insanity.

Picture site:http://childrenwithguns.blogspot.com/2007/01/breaking-it-down-children-soldiers.html

0 comments: