CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 2


Day 2
There seems to be no reasoning behind this war. As Ignacio said yesterday this is the forty-third war do you really think this one is going to make a difference? Another thing that was just plain strange is I’m starting to find kids that actually left their families to come and join in the war. On my first day when I just met Juan he told me that explanation and I literally almost burst out in his face laughing. I could not believe that anyone in their right mind would want to join the war. I find this war senseless and meaningless. But if I ever mentioned that to anyone I would probably get the beating of my life. It seems to me that myself, Lolo, and Ignacio are the only people in this camp that want to quite because they find this war stupid. I mean Ignacio doesn’t want the war but since we’re in it he does what he can. And Lolo just wants get away as I do. Even the people that say they don’t like the war have been here to long and now just don’t care to complain. Sometimes I wonder if the captain ever feels the way I do, if he ever just feels like giving up because the war seems too big to win and to bloody to attempt. How can he just continue to do his job when orders he know he has to give will kill the very men he is giving them to. How can he look into their faces and not be disgusted with himself. But then again I wonder if I ever get to that kind of position in the ranks, if I live that long, will I still feel the same way or will my prospective change because I’ve seen so much. Oh when will it all just end and get back to normal.


Picture site:http://www.odi.org.uk/hpg/coherence.html

0 comments: