CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 8


Day 8
When I first regained consciousness my mind raced, how long had I been out. Where was I? So many questions filled my head. I thought about what I had done during the battle. And then it hit me, where was Lolo? Ignacio had been reluctant to tell me that he had been wounded badly and was gone. My heart seemed to skip a beat. Would we see each other again? I wondered if this day could get any worse. Ignacio’s news about him going to the US was great. And about me getting sent home, but the question most on my mind was, how can I leave? I’m a soldier now and nothing else. Ignacio said we would be doctor and teacher soldiers. But I can’t imagine it. When we first came here I thought I was going to be soldier. Someone who takes orders and becomes a hero, but now I was to leave? How can they expect me to just change back and not reflect on being a soldier? I mean this whole experience has taught me to be very careful, not trusting, and lots of other things I know are wrong. War has taught me things I know now that I wish I would have learned later in my life. Why do these things have to happen to people? I hope the next generation of children in this country doesn’t have to live this life and learn what I’ve learned until they are fully ready for it. My whole perspective on life has changed since I first came into this war. I’ve learned that I can not really hurt someone for no reason and that I am naturally caring for people that I don’t even know. War is such a curious thing. It can teach the best and the worst lessons for people. It also brings people into prospective about life and helps them see that every life whoever it may be is precious and is not meant to just be spent aimlessly and thought to have no worth at all. This is my final entry. I hope to write in a more peaceful time but for now I will do what I can to make this nation a more livable home.

Picture site:http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0707/a-walk-in-the-sun.html

0 comments: